This month we look at France as our focus country.
Highlights from this month’s report include:
- Total global passenger-related aviation emissions estimated at 52.76m tonnes.
- 39% of aviation emissions in December 2022 were covered by a compliance programme such as Corsia or EU ETS.
- The largest growth rates in the 25 largest emitting markets in December 2022, when compared with December 2021 were Vietnam (+136%), Thailand (+125%) and Singapore (+118%).
- Just two markets (Mexico and Turkey) in the 25 largest emitting markets saw aviation emissions in December 2022 at or above December 2019 levels.
Spotlight on France – the 10th largest source of passenger related aviation emissions in December 2022.
- In December 2022, passenger related aviation emissions from France were estimated at 1.24m tonnes, 14% below pre pandemic levels in December 2019.
- 68% of these aviation emissions in December 2022 from France were covered by a combination of EU-ETS and CORSIA compliance schemes.
- Inter-continental services are by far the largest contributor to France’s aviation emissions, followed by Intra-continental.
- Air France is the largest emitter of aviation emissions from the French market over the past 12 months, followed by easyJet and Transavia France.
If you have enjoyed reading this, you might also like our recent article where we provide an overview of our most popular articles and charts of 2022